- Creating a Data Ecosystem for Personalised Medicine in Europe - it would accelerate the development of more effective treatments and potentially help with the management of healthcare resources and it would also act as a foundation for private sector investment and jobs in R&D in Europe.
- Global developments and coherent strategy in approaches to Big Data in healthcare - this will a direct effect on the attractiveness of a given health system for the placement of clinical trials.
- The European Union should see Big Data as a strategic investment that could drive industrial competitiveness.
- Development and dissemination of tools and processes able to analyse and interpret the data, creating new knowledge that can benefit patients accurately and directly.
- Empowerment of the patients and ensuring access to their own data.
- Doctors' access to the best information and diagnostic techniques available - analytics tools for "Big Data" can help healthcare professionals improve diagnoses and reshape the way medicine is practiced.